Sunday, April 4, 2010

An Easter Blessing...

Adam seemed to be more rested and less anxious today. His thinking was a little clearer today and he was very polite. Not that he was/has ever been really rude, but seems to have picked up some extra manners along the way. He got to see Luke (his dog) today. Luke was very well behaved (Adam taught him that, and taught him well) and was at the hospital for 4 1/2 hours! He also got to spend some of the afternoon with the apple of his eye, Miss Sadie Cakes! They spent about a hour and a half outside in the nice Easter weather. After work tonight I went over to see him and we played some tic-tac-toe and started a game of chess (which Dad and him had to teach me) before Adam got tired and was ready for bed. Our cousin Rhiannon put it well today when she said, "What an Easter Blessing to have him with us." We are so very grateful! I never would have thought a little over two weeks ago that we would be spending Easter at Parkview Hospital, but how grateful I am that he's still here with us! God is good all the time, all the time, God is good! I hope that everyone had a blessed Easter and got to spend it the people they love! Photos to come tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Yes it is a "Easter Blessing" to have Adam with us! And I bet Luke was so happy to see Adam. I cannot wait to see the pictures!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! I am so happy to hear of his continued growth. We will keep praying and looking forward to your next update. Kate Copp Goshorn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing the little things that mean the most right now. That is definitely a life lesson that won't be forgotten. I'm glad to hear the progress that he has made since we were there to see him last Tuesday when he first moved to rehab.

    Tracy (Rumsyre) Laux

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want you to know that I am praying for you, 'ol pal, 'ol buddy!!!!

    ReplyDelete