Friday, April 30, 2010

Better late than never!

Yesterday was a great day for Adam. He was able to learn a few of the things he needs to work on from his therapists. They say his audio and visual memory is good, it's the reading and remembering that he has some issues with. They said his balance is great and that his shoulder is coming around! Today however, his shoulder was really sore, but I think that's to be expected! And because he's doing so well, he gets the evenings off to go out with Dad and Mom and Dewayne. Last night they went to Chili's for supper. I just got off the phone with Adam a few minutes ago and he was at Dad's hotel room downloading iTunes onto his phone. They had went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. He said that he could stay out on Friday's until 11pm, but was getting tired and was close to wanting to get back to the "commune" as he calls it! Saturdays he can be out from 10a-11p and then on Sundays from 10a-10p. Then during the week I think it's from after therapy until 10p. The Cub's are playing the Braves next week so I told him he needs to take in a game while he's there. He said Dad was already on top of it. Things seem to be looking up on a more regular basis for him. They gave an estimated date of release, but he's hoping that he'll be out before that. He said that one of his therapists said that it can be moved up depending on how well he progresses but it should never move back! So overall he's doing very well. At 3:30 in the morning, it'll be 6 weeks. It's absolutely amazing to see how well he's done in just this short amount of time. People say it's crazy that it's been that long already, just doesn't seem like it. To us, it seems like the fastest and slowest 6 weeks of our lives...is that possible?! Keep saying those prayers and he'll be back before we all know it! Tomorrow if the weather permits he said they might go to a fair in downtown Atlanta. Will try to keep everyone better updated over the weekend, I was slacking yesterday!!! But it was a much needed slacking! :-)

9 comments:

  1. Hello everyone...
    As my Sis said, I'm doing really well, home can't come soon enough. My sister mentioned the slowing down or speeding up time, well being here I've witnessed time come to a near standstill...yes, it does happen. :):)
    I can't convey just how helpful my 'leaving priviledges' have been. I'm able to leave 5p-10p on weeknights and 10a-11p, 10a-10p Saturday and Sunday consectively.
    As for attending a Braves/Cubs game, I checked their schedule, and I won't be so lucky this year, however I am all for going to a Braves game regardless!!!
    I speak with my Ms. Sadie every evening....she is so cute and getting more mature everyday. I have heard she says "Daddy's House" quite often now, hope I get to hear it soon. I'm sure I will spoil her upon my return! As crazy as it is...I miss my dog. He is an energized, fun and friendly Black Lab, who is always happy.

    Each day is one day closer to home and one day tougher just staying here. I appreciate everyone's concern and/or words of support.

    I hope to see/talk to everyone soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Adam,
    It is so great to read your comments. You have come so far and am glad you get leaving priviledges as that has to help you so much. I am so glad you get to talk to your little Sadie every evening. She is such a pretty little gal and you can tell by her pictures with you that she loves her daddy very much.
    Tell your dad that everything is just fine at Farmers Mutual - no problems at all.
    Just keep working hard and get your rest as some day soon you will be back at work in the day to day grind again of making a living. Take care and be good!!!!!
    June Besson

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good you can get out at night! Sorry, but I sold your dog to the Chinese buffet up town. I'll get you another one....

    Trax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Trax.... I am too tired to laugh and know my dog would put a good fight!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Adam! I think of you often and pray you're taking advantage of your time there. Push your therapists to help you heal as quickly as possible. What they are teaching you is priceless. Take care of that shoulder. As we talked in FW, nothing hurts like a shoulder. But they'll get you fixed up very soon, I hope. Keep looking forward. Work hard every day, and before you know it, you'll be home! BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Adam!!
    It's wonderful to read the posts from you! We're all very proud of you and continue to pray for you on a daily basis. Keep up the good work and time will fly by (I hope..) Praying as always,
    Shenae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Adam,
    You are in my prayer's continually. I hope you will soon be reunited with Miss Sadie and Luke. I know they miss you alot. Can't wait until you come home. Keep working hard and that day will come sooner than you know. Love ya Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adam
    we are looking forward to you being able to return home, your house just looks empty, i know you will be eager to return home. I look forward to seeing you outside, playing with your dog. Remember if you need anything when you get home, feel free to ask.. i live 2 doors down, and would be happy to help however i can, even if that means bringing home some wings at work for ya!!! take care, get home soon.

    Travis DeMoss

    ReplyDelete
  9. To everyone, Carrie is gone for a few days at a conference for work. She doesn't have a computer along to update the blog. I'm sure when she returns she'll have some new info to post....

    Things I know: Adam is now getting some passes to go out with Dad. They took in a Braves game on Sunday. Mike said it was hot watching, but otherwise they had a good time. Atlanta got the rain today that has been passing thru the lower states. Adam had a visitor from high school, Holly, (I believe, hope I'm right, terrible w/ names) on Saturday, she drove down from Tennessee to visit with him. He really enjoyed your visit, thanks so much for taking the time to come down.

    Adam is doing well, making great progress. His shoulder still bothers him some, but otherwise physically you all better start doing some exercises as none of us will be able to keep up with him.... LOL

    ReplyDelete