Monday, March 29, 2010

Rehab day #1

Thanks to Rodney and Dewayne for spending the night/early morning with Adam! We appreciate it! When I got up to the hospital this morning, they had just put him back to bed. He got to see Sadie for about an hour, hour and a half. He was excited to see her, I think she was a little scared seeing his incision. At first she was really timid, but warmed up and ate a cookie with Adam! After that she was fine and started running around the room. Today's photo is of Adam and Sadie and their cookie time. He walked with physical therapy in the afternoon and did a great job. They stopped with him and had him sit down half way through and when he sat down he said, "did you guys need to rest?" Ha! He did very well. He's quick out of his bed too, so you really have to watch him! I had to jump up several times to get to him! They are talking about maybe transferring him to rehab tomorrow. Super quick, but it'll be good to get him moving! They said he'll have multiple hours of rehab each day, so he'll be busy, but maybe that will wear him out a bit and help him to get some sleep! His short term memory isn't very good, forgets things really easy then asks the same questions over and over and over again! Speech therapy will do some work with him to help him with that though. Tonight Jake's spent the evening with him and brought him a blizzard that he said he'd eat half of, and before we knew it, the blizzard was gone!!! He wanted to walk in the hallway, so Jake and Uncle Joel took him for a walk tonight and said he did well. Today when I told him that Uncle Joel is the one who found him after his accident, he said "Oh, really? I'll have to thank him." So Uncle Joel, if he forgot, let me say it a hundred plus times, THANK YOU. He's here because of you! Dad is sitting with him now and I just got word that he pulled his IV out, so that's gone now too. The nurses said he's doing just absolutely wonderful! I'm so grateful to everyone for their constant prayers and thoughts for Adam. If Adam isn't an example of a miracle, I don't know what is! Thank you! Dad is spending the night tonight with Adam, so I'm sure he'll have stories to tell in the morning. I'm going back to work tomorrow, so expect a later post like today! But thanks for tuning in to see how he's doing! He'll enjoy reading this when he's better!

11 comments:

  1. Carrie, Thanks for the updates!
    What wonderful news!!!
    And what a precious picture of Adam and his
    Miss Sadie!
    And yes a great big THANK YOU to Joel!!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The updates have been wonderful! Before we know it he will be walking the halls of DePuy saying Wazzz Up! I can't wait for that!!!

    Keeping the prayers going for a speedy recovery. I am sure having a visit from Miss Sadie will help speed things along. He loves that little girl so much and he is such a good Daddy! Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful updates. I agree with Mandy- before long, he'll be back to work. Ahh!
    Amy Lippe

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great picture! He is looking so good. I'm glad he had a great visit with Sadie. Our prayers continue for all of you.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. God has worked such miracles for Adam. God bless him, Sadie, and the entire family! Creating this blog for him to be able to fill in the blanks is such an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaron & Misty OliverMarch 30, 2010 at 10:36 AM

    I love being able to get a daily update! Aaron and I pray for the whole family every day! I hope there is some thought and solutions made with this intersection. My cousin had an accident there not too long ago, fortunately it wasn't as bad an accident!

    Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Sadie-cakes is obviously the best medicine for her Daddy....that is an awesome picture....so glad he is continueing to made big strides!! You all are in our prayers!!

    Marcy Wells

    ReplyDelete
  8. God is definitely doing good things. What a precious picture of daddy and angel(Sadie). keep progressing Adam and look toward God

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUPER!!!!! :) Look'n good Adam! I think I must down the street from a very speical and lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just precious! The smile on their faces tells so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Carrie! This post today made me teary-eyed. Reading what you wrote and seeing Adam with his little Miss Sadie brought me to tears!!
    Thank you for your commitment to keeping us all informed on your brother's progress...he is one lucky fella to have such a loving, caring, beautiful sister!! Your family has been very blessed. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend!!

    Kathy Cook

    ReplyDelete