Monday, March 22, 2010

No Adam, No!

This afternoon they removed his arterial line and also changed his "craney" cap (his head dressing) and pulled the tube that was draining blood from his head. Then this evening when Ryan came to visit I had been telling him that Adam had just been a wild man all day, and of course Adam wasn't moving, trying to prove his sister wrong, yet again! Anyways, before we know it Adam is reaching for his breathing tube. He couldn't quite get to it, but as we were walking out, I told the lady at the desk, "you might want to watch him, he seems to be wanting to pull at his tube." And guess what...my next words were "No, Adam, No!" as I went running to his room to remove his hand from his breathing tube! A good sign I suppose! Now it's time to just open those eyes brother!
At a few requests. I have attached a photo of Adam. It's day #3 post accident. He is actually looking better. Hope that it's not too graphic.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for keeping us updated on Adam's progress. I pray for Adam and the hospital staff several times a day.

    Jack Bryant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for starting a blog about Adam. It is so great to see how much you care for your brother. It looks like you have a great following. Thanks for all the updates you do. You are a wonderful sister to him. He looks good. I hope he opens his eyes and starts talking to you guy soon. We will be thinking of you guys everyday.

    Betsi Clemons Lankford

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just hear him grumbling about getting all of the %^$& tubes out! Praying for you Adam! Thanks Carrie for the pic and the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord! We will continue praying for you and your family Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continuing to pray for Adam & rest of family. Keep On Keeping On. An old saying from an old friend of mine, and I find it quite helpful. Hope you will, too. Bill & Pat Rubrake Heinbaugh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning. I don't know Adam but I work with your dad here at the County and have known your mom for years. My son was one of the first responders....Adam's accident has hit him pretty hard. This will be a lesson for them all. God is good! And is holding Adam tight in His arms. It sounds like Adam is fighting and is well on his way to recovery. My prayers are with Adam and your family. Merri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still praying everyday for Adam! Stay strong! Lots and lots of people praying ♥

    ReplyDelete