Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A note before bed...Adam seemed to be doing really well today. He was in my thoughts all day during work and I was glad to finally get back to the hospital to see for myself all the steps he took today! I asked him what his sister's name was tonight...he said Carrie. I also asked him about Jake and he knew his name too! He's definitely improving, but I know he has many more days that lie ahead of him. Pray that God gives him the rest he needs to help his brain heal! He did said "Whatzzzz up!" tonight to Rodney. And asked for a five! I got nuckles from him! :-) His speech is getting much better and I really think he's starting to connect things! Absolutely amazing! He got to hear his daughter's voice via recording tonight, and I think he liked that, moved his head a lot when I played it. He also ate his first meal tonight since his late night pizza on Friday. It consisted of pureed corn and turkey breast (YUCK!) and don't forget the hospital pudding! He spit out the pudding, but ate the pureed corn in the shape of a corn on the cob! Drank almost all of his Sprite and some milk! Tomorrow I think I'll take him some Snack Pack pudding...there's a difference, don't let anyone tell you that hospital pudding is pudding...it's not! We all came home tonight to get some rest. It was time and the nurses are taking such great care of him that it was our turn to rest our heads for the night. I worry about him, but know that he'll be ok until tomorrow morning! Adam is so very lucky to have the friends that he does! Everyday I am amazed by the love that is being poured out over Adam and our family. Thank you!
Below is his updated picture for today, looking good!



11 comments:

  1. Miracles are happening with Adam. He looks good considering what he is going through. His bandage needs to be Cubby Blue. Take him a pureed strawberry pie, he always liked strawberry pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Adam is making progress everyday. God bless you and your family and Adam. As well as all the other officers/emergency responders. May God keep you all safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think Cubby Blue is what Adam would want. I'm pretty sure he's Boston Red Sox fan. I got your back Adam while you rest up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Carrie and the Schrader family for keeping us up to date about Adam. His progress so far is amazing and look forward to the progress that is still to be made! Thoughts and prayers still coming all your way...

    Brandi Schuman:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a co-worker of Adam's and I want you to know that there are many people here at DePuy that have Adam in thoughts and prayers. I have noticed when passing people's cubes that this site is often up on people's monitors. I thank you for putting together this blog so we can all follow his progress and road to recovery. I am so glad to hear that he is progressing as well as he has been and I will continue to pray for a speedy and full recovery.

    Travis

    ReplyDelete
  6. The entire Amber family is sending prayers and good thoughts your way. Thanks for keeping us updated on his progress. We are glad to hear he is progressing so well! Keep it up, Adam!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find myself checking the blog every few hours, and am amazed at the progress he is making. Praying and thinking of Adam often. Thanks for letting us be a part of his recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Reeg family is doing a big cheer for Adam's progress so far. Bet you're all so thankful that you see the old Adam just chomping at the bit to come back to you! Keep the faith. Special thanks for the blog updates so we can all track his progesss and family can spend their time with Adam. Jana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adam, so many of the inmates in the jail have asked about you. Them asking about your recovery is a testimony to the type of person you are. Your positive attitude and caring personality has extended not only to your friends and family, but to those that you are only with for a few minutes. Stay strong, there are so many people finding their strength to carry on through you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for doing the blog updates, we all appreciate the news and are so gratefull that it is GOOD news coming now. Adam is so lucky he has the family that he has and all the Doctors and Nurses and Friends praying for his recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beth (Kumfer) TrahinMarch 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM

    Please know that Adam and the entire family are in my thoughts and prayers. Just reading all the love and support in these comments reflects truly on the kind of person Adam is. His family must be so very proud! May God continue to bless and protect you all.

    ReplyDelete