Friday, March 26, 2010

Another step forward

Adam took another step forward this morning. When Jake asked how he was this morning, he said he felt like S*^t. Then when we went back to see him around 12:30, he was wide awake. His right eye was open all the way and his left eye was slightly opened. He was talking and I got to feed him. He actually fed himself when I gave him his spoon! Asked if he wanted a blizzard and he said yeah so Mom went and got him and I blizzards and we're going to have them this afternoon! He couldn't tell me he was at Parkview, but when I told him he was at Parkview Hospital, he said Parkview in Fort Wayne? He asked about Sadie and asked why I was holding out on him. Explained to him that she couldn't come into intensive care, but when he went to his regular room, that she could visit him. He was okay with that then. We talked a little bit about the accident, but he told me he wasn't in an accident. But you could see his head turning trying to figure out what had happened. I also showed him some pictures from after the accident, and he just said "wow." I just got back from helping him eat his blizzard, he had been asking about it for a while before it got here! He ate about half of it! I turned his TV on to baseball on ESPN this afternoon and he said, "ESPN, I watched that yesterday. Chicago Baby." Guess I'm going to have to take him to a Cubs game when this is all done and over with! Maybe we'll have to get a bus full of people to go!! Another good day at Parkview, it's amazing the steps he's taking! He's still in ICU today, said that they would move him, if they needed the bed, but as of right now, he's still chillin' in ICU! Many thanks to all the generous people who have helped with monetary support while we've been here. To the people and organizations who have helped start and given to the fund that was started for Adam. I know he can't comprehend it yet, but he thanks you. And we, as a family thank you for everything everyone has done, especially those prayers. We are surrounded by an amazing community! Not sure if we'll ever be able to say enough thank you's, but thank you!!
I'll post a picture later when I get home...it's like night and day difference from yesterday!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like he is doing great! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!
    Thanks for the update Carrie!
    The prayers are working!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. Thanks for the ongoing updates!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds that he is doing so much better! I plan to come up when he gets out of ICU. I am sure he is over whelmed with visitors right now....
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freakin awesome! Way to go Adam, way to go!


    Don Bentz

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was nice to visit with Adam tonite! Even though he was exhausted and overwhelmed we enjoyed our time with him..We will keep you in our prayers Adam and we love you!

    Derek & Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful to hear how much better he's doing. We're still with you in thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourselves; get some rest - all of you - and konw we're with you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I stopped by too early yesterday. Glad to see you wake up! Don't worry about the cut, chicks dig scars!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

    Adam Hurley

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful news to hear he is recovering so well! Prayers are certainly being answered!

    Jennifer & Tony Romano & family

    ReplyDelete