Saturday, March 27, 2010

A day for rest

Adam was pretty tired today. Slept on and off, but is so antsy that it's hard to get him to actually settle down and sleep! But did get a really good 2 1/2 hour nap this afternoon! He told Grandpa this morning that he felt like h*ll...I would too brother if I were you! His right shoulder seems to be bothering him a lot and I just keep making sure that they are medicating him well so that he's staying comfortable. He ate most of his meals today which is good because they are talking that if he doesn't eat better then they many have to place a PEG tube to feed him through until he starts eating more! Go figure, most of us need to loose weight and Adam needs to gain it! Ha! He's never been a super big eater anyways, but maybe his little sis will spoil him with some Pizza Hut tomorrow?! Went to Target today, and before I left, I went to Adams room because dad was sitting with him and asked dad if he needed anything. Adam immediately asked "where you going?" I said I'm going to Target, do you need anything. He responded "I don't have anything to do, I'll go." Broke my heart that I couldn't take him to Target with me! He then told me he didn't need anything and asked dad if he needed anything! Such a thoughtful person through all of this! Jake went to Bdubs tonight with a few friends and told the manager that Adam had been in an accident and that he used to be at Bdubs weekly. The manager gave Jake a Tshirt and baseball cap and told him that they would keep Adam in their prayers and that everybody at Bdubs would be pulling for him and waiting for him to come back! So very awesome! It's hard to believe a week has passed. It was hard to be out with friends tonight knowing that he couldn't be out too, or that he wasn't enjoying a normal 30 year old's Saturday night! I'm very thankful though that he'll be able to have many more, I'm just ready for him to be home! So pray for that LONG recovery ahead, it's going to be hard for all of us, family and friends included! And I think I'm off to relax a bit...so in the words of Adam..."Be careful!" (He has been saying this to everyone as they leave his room!) *No picture today, his sister forgot to snap one!!

3 comments:

  1. :) Someone is watching out for him...very blessed to have a sister like you! Everytime we go outside we look over at his house...can not help but think of him. I hope his lil girl gets to see him soon. She's such a doll and needs her daddy.
    -Lee Ann (neighbor...second built house to the right of Adam's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Schrader Family..so good to hear of Adam's improvement and he's lookin' great. Thumbs up back at ya, Adam :) Praying for you every day, and your whole family, including Sadie! What a beautiful doll she is, and you must be so very proud of her. One of these days, you will be taking her to Target...hugs, Bill & Pat Rubrake Heinbaugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the idea there would be some apprehensions from segment but i am up for it.

    ReplyDelete