Thursday, May 13, 2010

More good news!

Got a good text from Adam last night letting us know that he will be home the night before his scheduled day to be released! He had asked me about whether he should ask, I told him the worst she could say is no, and he asked and she said "yes, that's a good idea." So his day for coming home is coming up!!! WOOHOO! Today he said that he had some stuff to look up on the computer and had to do it within a certain amount of time. He passed! He said that his therapists have been working on multitasking and he is doing wonderful with that as well. He played Catch Phrase today and he said that he was really speaking up and answering things. He notices that other have deficits that he wouldn't have noticed weeks ago. The therapist said his memory is doing great! He said that at the beginning of his session today that she gave him three things to remember. And then they worked on other things and at the end, they asked him to tell them the three things he was supposed to remember....HE DID! I remember way back when at Parkview when he first started therapy and he couldn't remember much at all with his short term memory! He has to remember them over the weekend too and report back to her on Monday with those phrases that he's supposed to remember. God is good! He knew there was a little girl down here who needed her Daddy! He also went up on the amount of weight that he's using for his therapy with his shoulder. It still bothers him, but not as much as before! Like I said before, God is good! It'll be 8 weeks on Saturday since this all began! I still remember vividly when Dad woke me up to tell me Adam had been in an accident. I don't know if that memory will ever get less vivid, but for one thing I am glad...that God brought him out of this on a positive note. I know it's not all completely over yet, but I feel like progress has been made! This situation has made me re-evaluate the things that are important to me. And besides God, my family is number one. Always has been, but forever will be! If I can get the paparrazi to get me some pictures this weekend, we'll be all set! Derek and Jaime Ness will be there tomorrow to see Adam and then Joey and Gail Herron will be down there late tomorrow night for the weekend! New faces for Adam and I'm so excited for them to see him and see how well he's doing!

2 comments:

  1. Keep praying, it will get you though it all. We are helping from Mississippi and we have him on our prayer list at church.

    Keith & Rose Ann Harris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie your post brought tears to my eyes today! It is awesome to see your faith in God & how far Adam has come in such a short time. We will all be happy when he comes home!

    ReplyDelete