Saturday, May 29, 2010

Home at last!

I want apoligize for not having posted any news since Adam's arrival home. It's been a crazy few days as we all adjust to having him home. I just simply haven't had the moment to reflect on his blog. We are all taking turns staying with Adam until he is able to stay alone.

I did get a few shots of him arriving off the plane in FW. Adam, his Dad and Diane from Workman's Comp arrived almost before we did. Jake and I made a mad dash to meet the party as they hit gound.

Russ, Tony, and another wonderful fellow (who's name I didn't know) met the group as they landed with a banner "Welcome home Adam". All of us were reduced to tears!

Since their landing, we've all been busy. Shepherd's asked that we keep 24/7 on Adam a few days until he is settled at home. We are to gradually allow him time alone, which I'm sure he is ready for as we wish him also to be. He's been followed by someone 24/7 for so long, I'm sure it is frustrating for him.

We are all taking turns staying at Adam's house, he's had visits with Sadie, Grandpa Lemmon, and Rodney and his family. Jody Morrissey and Jana Reeg stopped Friday night to say Hi and welcome him home, all much enjoyed and appreciated.

Adam continue's to improve, but tires easily. Nap times are usually in the afternoon. I'm sure he'd welcome the familiar faces of all of his friends and fellow co-workers, drop by and see him...

I'll attempt to get to get the pictures of his landing posted soon when I catch my breath... I about died today mowing his yard by push mower! I'm used to riders, so this was a new experience, but it's done and I have to say it didn't look to bad!

Lots of hugs and well wishes to all of you, have a good weekend!
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Cathy and family,
    Our prayers are still with all of you. I am sure you have been very busy and sure glad you survived mowing Adam's yard. Take care and God Bless all of you.
    June

    ReplyDelete